- Marie leads the firm’s integrated design teams, working on a diverse range of projects from office interiors to advanced technology environments
- Challenges her teams to seek solutions from inside and outside the client organization by importing best practices and applying technology transfer from one client sector to another
- Applies her 25 years of experience in interior design to offer strategic direction and insight for planning workplace change and productivity initiatives
- Promotes the intrinsic value of interior design to clients and SMMA colleagues
- Believes in enjoying the client-consultant team process, and celebrating the results of team accomplishment
“Each design project offers an opportunity for us to help clients express their distinct character and business. Rather than look at the design solution as a reflection of an SMMA style or the latest trend, the goal needs to be to arrive at a design consensus that matches the client’s culture and future.”
“Every client comes to us with a distinct set of needs and hoped-for results. Our impact is greatest when we get to know them so well that we can seamlessly establish their culture and business ideals within our design.”
As a mentor and teacher, Marie has advanced the careers of countless young professionals. When you mention Marie to others in the industry, they will inevitably talk about her influence—either on someone they work with or them, personally. She is responsible for growing the interior design practice at SMMA over the past 15 years by recruiting and developing first-rate talent and encouraging the group to always aim high.
In recognition of her work with colleagues and clients, Marie has been honored by CoreNet Global New England Chapter as a Designer of the Year.