C. Josh Rownd
- Dedicated to excellence and innovation in the design of science, healthcare, and research facilities
- Enjoys the strategic thinking required for success with highly complex projects for academic, micro-electronic, bio-medical, medical device, pharmaceutical, R&D labs, and cleanrooms
- Applies his 30+ years of experience to building teams with the required talents to skillfully integrate client and stakeholder needs and transform them into built solutions
- Provides expertise in planning, project leadership and management, budgeting, scheduling, construction administration, and facilitation of advanced technology and research projects
- Uses research to develop data-driven and evidence-based approaches
While trained as an architect, Josh began his career as a college student, working for a mechanical engineer. This gave him a tremendous appreciation for the engineering aspects of building design, and he considers the experience to have been a significant stepping stone in his then-early career. Josh is a strong advocate of integrating architecture and engineering as closely as possible, particularly in the design of complex environments where engineering is critical to success.
“Making sure the environment works—in a research lab, a cleanroom, or a bio-tech facility—is essential, and integrated design allows us to dedicate the range of informed talent to fulfill this need for our clients.”
Art Meets Science
Josh credits coming from a family of scientists and artists with inspiring him to understand the essence of both—and to pursue a career as an architect focusing on science and research projects.