Level 2 & 3 Architectural Designers
SMMA has an exciting opportunity for conceptual designers with exemplary visualization skills to join the Architecture team at our Cambridge office. We are an integrated design firm that unites a dynamic mix of architects, engineers, technologists, researchers, and industry experts, driven to provide responsible, well-crafted, venturesome, and beautiful design solutions to clients in the Boston area and beyond. United by a common purpose, we thrive on cross-discipline collaboration and welcome good ideas from wherever they come.
We offer a fast-paced, team-oriented environment that promotes intellectual and creative growth. Working alongside a project leader, the candidates will be expected to provide new ideas and share knowledge that will advance each project, the firm’s mission, and their professional careers.
- Has a design portfolio that demonstrates conceptual design thinking and key responsibility on projects similar to those in SMMA’s portfolio
- Has a trained hand that can craft a sketch, diagram, or computer model equally well. Uses SketchUp and/or Rhino early-stage modeling tools; driving with Grasshopper and Dynamo a plus
- Can create compelling imagery to convey design ideas and capture imaginations. Uses digital rendering tools with a keen eye for composition, materials, and lighting, and can utilize Photoshop for post-production when necessary. Interest in exploring design through virtual immersive environments and experience with Lumion or Enscape a plus
- Has strong interpersonal presence and verbal communication skills to engage in team-based design discussions and possible interaction with clients
- Has an interest in exploring design through physical modeling, and values robust BIM integration relying on a knowledgeable team using the Autodesk Revit platform
- 3 to 8 years' related experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Architecture