SMMA is seeking a Civil Engineer to join its dynamic Site Design Group. The role involves assisting senior engineers in all phases of project site design, and affords the opportunity to collaborate with staff across a variety of disciplines and focused areas of expertise.
The candidate will be active throughout projects’ full lifecycles—from concept design to final construction documents, and during construction administration—and contribute to environmental permitting applications/processes at both the state and local level.
SMMA is an integrated design firm that unites a dynamic mix of architects, engineers, technologists, researchers, and industry experts driven to provide responsible, well-crafted, venturesome, and beautiful design solutions to clients in the Boston area and beyond.
We offer a fast-paced, team-oriented environment that promotes intellectual and creative growth. The candidate will be encouraged to provide new ideas and share knowledge that will advance the firm’s mission and his/her professional career.
- Developing site plans for a variety of land-development and building projects
- Designing stormwater-management and utilities systems
- Producing permitting applications and supporting reports
- Developing construction details
- Participating in construction administration activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 3 to 5 years’ experience
- Preference given to candidates who have passed Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination
- Familiarity with a variety of design software and programs (AutoCAD & Civil 3D, HydroCAD), as well as Microsoft Office
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills